First Stroll with NEX-5N

Started Sep 19, 2011 | Discussions thread
Slynky
Senior MemberPosts: 2,429Gear list
Like?
Re: First Stroll with NEX-5N
In reply to jeffinsfg, Sep 22, 2011

jeffinsfg wrote:

Thanks a bunch. Yeah, she's a sweety. First long hair we've allowed in the house, but she's worth the extra vacuuming.

What I'm liking about the NEX is that while my Olympus C-5050 had good manual control, the lens just wasn't fast enough to have a narrow field of focus. Even wide open and in macro mode, it would have a good 6-8 inches in sharp focus. Soft backgrounds remind me of the way I see in real life...what I'm looking at is in sharp focus...the rest is there, but subdued.

Exactly! That's what I thought when I saw the image(s). That they looked the same as if I were there looking at the cat with the same soft shadows, etc.

-- hide signature --

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life".

Slynky's gear list:Slynky's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow