Started Sep 22, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tim in upstate NY
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,120Gear list
Like?
10 fps while maintaining focus on moving subject
Sep 22, 2011

. . . When I read this in Andy Westlake's First Impressions article on the Nikon 1 System I sat up straight like I'd been zapped with a tazer.

. . . Here's another quote: "it also incorporates a 'Hybrid' autofocus system that employs both Phase and Contrast Detection focus methods. The result is, according to Nikon, the fastest autofocus of any camera the company has ever made - including its professional flagship DSLR, the D3S"

. . . With all this frenzied bashing about the small sensor and unimpressive lenses going on here at this forum today, it looks like Nikon may have quietly hit the ball out of the park for AF speed and tracking while everyone at this forum was looking at the more conventional measurebating parameters that are usually discussed here.

Here's the link:

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/3281713418/nikon-1-system-first-impressions

Tim in upstate NY's gear list:Tim in upstate NY's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +3 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow