ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SHood
Senior MemberPosts: 3,940Gear list
Like?
Nikon 1 vs Pentax Q
Sep 22, 2011

Some interesting comments.

http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2011/09/21/nikon-enters-the-game-with-the-new-mirrorless-j1-and-v1-cameras/

"I think most of you are looking at this the wrong way. Nikon would not have introduced this system unless they felt there was a real market for it. Though to be honest I feel Pentax got it far more right than Nikon. After using the Q for nine days at New York Fashion Week, I can assure you that it is a little tank of a camera, not a toy. After handling the J1 today I came away feeling like I had just played with a Holga or a Fisher Price camera to be honest. While I think from the tech standpoint Nikon has it’s target well pegged, price wise they are definitely wrong. The Q at 800 while with a smaller sensor, by virtue of feature and build is worth it. It is literally the Swiss Army knife of cameras complete with a fully manual video mode. With the J1 after nearly an hour of use I knew it wasn’t meant for me, hell I couldn’t even figure out how to change ISO on the thing."

SHood's gear list:SHood's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow