Most relevant CF speed for a gripped D300

Started Sep 16, 2011 | Discussions thread
Oscarroos
Senior MemberPosts: 2,914Gear list
Like?
Re: Yeah, but that $36 is from a no-name brand...
In reply to joejack951, Sep 22, 2011

Thanks for the response.

Guess it boils down to being a choice based on individual tolerances. I suspect most brands will work just fine most, if not all, the time. Just that reliability is important for some events and or trips.

Thanks again.

joejack951 wrote:

Oscarroos wrote:

Hi JoeJack, Duracell isn't exactly an unknown name. How long have you owned these? Great price if they are reliable. I've always used Sandisk but the price on these is tempting.

Thanks.

Unfortunately I have not owned it for very long so I can't comment on reliability. However, for the past two years I've (well, I should be honest, my wife takes most of the pictures) been using "adata" SD cards (like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820211245 ) in both the D300s and a Canon HD camcorder. Not a single hiccup in using four of those off-brand cards accumlating several hundred gigs worth of data. Honestly, the only card problem I've ever experienced was with a Sony memory stick many years ago. I figure eventually I'll run into a problem but it seems more likely to be caused simply by bad luck than offbrand hardware. And in the D300s you can use an SD card in the second slot and write JPEGs to it just in case.

Oscarroos's gear list:Oscarroos's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 5700 Canon PowerShot S95 Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow