Carl Zeiss 24mm F1.8 preview samples

Started Sep 16, 2011 | Discussions thread
Michael Kaufman
Senior MemberPosts: 2,603Gear list
Like?
Re: Don't waste your time.
In reply to mynakedsoda, Sep 21, 2011

mynakedsoda wrote:

I have looked at your posting history. You're the guy who started the "Emperor has no clothes" thread. You're the guy who keeps insisting that anyone who disagrees with him is a fool. You're the guy who likes to insult people and then say "hey it's just my opinion." You appear to have lots of time to post grand statements, but whenever anyone asks you to back up anything you always say "I don't have time to respond to you, just check google."

Is any of this ringing a bell?

No.

Perhaps this will refresh your memory:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1042&message=39374040

Want me to start making up a bunch of things about you in reply?

You seem to be laboring under the misapprehension that our posts just disappear shortly after we post them. Both my posting history and yours are easily accessible to anyone who cares to look. I don't care what you make up about me, because the truthfulness of it is easily verifiable to anyone who cares to check. Similarly, anyone who cares to can look up your history and see that I have given a pretty accurate representation of your posting habits.

If you spent less time trying to impose your will upon others you'd have noticed.

I haven't tried to impose my will on anyone. I have merely suggested that looking for value in your posts is pretty much a waste of time. While there may be some nuggets of value hidden in some of them (I suppose its possible), there is a lot of junk to slog through to try to find it. I've never seen any value in your posts, but I suppose there might be something useful somewhere. As they say, even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

While I think that anyone looking for great bokeh on a 24mm lens is destined to be disappointed....

Nikon 24mm. Go look for yourself.

I have a Nikon 24mm. It sits on my D7000 pretty much all the time. Great lens. Sharp, no distortion, great performer. Bokeh is nothing much to speak of.

That's not a criticism of the lens. Its just that no 24mm lens is going to give you a shallow enough DOF to give you great Bokeh unless you are taking a shot of something very close to the lens with a BG fairly far away. THat's not a shot at you, that's just optics.

Perhaps if you want to show you arn't just spouting more nonsense, you could post a link or two to shots from the Nikon to show some great bokeh.

Michael Kaufman's gear list:Michael Kaufman's gear list
Fujifilm X100S RX100 III Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow