What's more comfortable; The K10-D/20D with the D-BG2 or the K-7/5 with the D-BG4???

Started Sep 21, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hikenhi
Regular MemberPosts: 498Gear list
Like?
What's more comfortable; The K10-D/20D with the D-BG2 or the K-7/5 with the D-BG4???
Sep 21, 2011

While having a discussion over someone’s inquiry about whether the K-20D was worth it?, Someone stated that the K10-D/20D has a better feel than that of the newer K-7/5 bodies. I personally own all of them but the K-20D. The K-7/5 bodies are way more compact and fit my hands like a glove. There additional compactness over the previous body-style also address my backpacking/mountaineering needs on limited space. The new Bodies also have a much better contoured feel for control than my old and more Bulky K-10D does. I never purchase the D-BG2 Grip attachment for my K-10D but have the D-BG4 Grip for my K-7/5 Cameras and I will say that if your needing that extra Grip for Serious shooting, the D-GB4 is the way to go. I'm kind of curious if the person who preferred the older body style owns let alone has done some serious shooting with the K-7/5 with the newer body style. Furthermore have you had the opportunity to shoot the new body style coupled with the D-GB4 Grip??? I'm looking for multiple feeds not just from the person who dogged the newer body design and prefers the older design that resembles more of an mini-underwater camera--no offense.

http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/9297088916/photos/1415703/k-5-w-the-d-bg4-self-portrait?inalbum=pentax-k-5

hikenhi's gear list:hikenhi's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +5 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow