Olympus PEN E-PL1 vs Nex3 Question

Started Sep 19, 2011 | Discussions thread
mynakedsoda
Contributing MemberPosts: 701
Like?
Thanks for all the Replies
In reply to tedolf, Sep 21, 2011

tedolf wrote:

NEX once you try your manual lense on the IBIS bodied E-pl1 with that JPEG output.

You will never use NEX with legacy glass again.

Maximus Decimus Tedolphus

LOL! Maybe so. I think I might have a use for both. If things happen like they normally do my son will get the camera, use if for a few weeks, then stop playing with it and I'll end up with it myself to play with. In anticipation I ordered a Nikon to Olympus adapter even before the camera.

Thanks for the advice and opinions everyone. After reading carefully everything I could find on the new Nikon mirrorless system I went ahead and ordered the Olympus today.

Lenses I already own I think will work great with it include Nikon 35mm 1.4 AIS, 35mm 2.0 D, 50mm 2.0 AI, 50mm 1.2 AIS, 85mm 1.8D, 120mm 4.5 Macro. Plus a Tamron 90mm 2.8, JML 56mm 1.2, and some of the shorter high speed macro lenses I've built. I've got a few at f1 and at f0.75 that worked pretty good with my Nikon D200 but not so good with my Nex3. I'll be interested if they work better with the new Olympus I have on the way. I have many that aren't converted to a mount yet so if things work out I may convert them to the Olympus mount.
--
The worst vice is advice. - John Milton from The Devil's Advocate

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow