G3 JPG adjustment???

Started Sep 21, 2011 | Discussions thread
richj20
Senior MemberPosts: 2,108
Like?
Re: G3 JPG adjustment???
In reply to EddyKilowatt, Sep 21, 2011

EddyKilowatt wrote:

... I presume the in-camera JPEG engine has wide latitude for the compression, based on the scene parameters that you mention. I similarly presume that the "JPEG adjustments" discussed in this thread are merely minor nudges in some desired direction, for example, less noise reduction.

Presumptions need to be verified, and the only way to do that is to shoot scenes with different settings and compare to see which give the pleasing results you want!

Sure, no one configuration will be ideal for every scene, but the stock configuration seems not (to my un-expert eye) to produce pleasing results for many scenes. I'd like to reduce the number of shots I wind up adjusting in Silkypix.

I've always had the same experience, so several cameras ago, I quit shooting JPEG and now Shoot RAW + JPEG. I look at the JPEGS and any that aren't to my liking, I adjust the RAW files as necessary.

Most of the time, not much needs to be done, and I will have the final image as I want it!

Regards,

Richard

-- hide signature --

"Careful photographers run their own tests." - Fred Picker

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow