Epic Win or Epic Fail - J1/V1

Started Sep 21, 2011 | Discussions thread
kongqueror
Regular MemberPosts: 207Gear list
Like?
Re: Epic Win or Epic Fail - J1/V1
In reply to jerrycambuk, Sep 21, 2011

Specifically talking about the V1 but may also be applied to the J1. As a prospective entrant into either a DSLR or MILC, it fails for me. When compared to u4/3, it is not much smaller even when considering lenses. You get inferior IQ for roughly the same size. Why bother? It doesn't compete with Sony NEX either - for me, NEX was never really about a "pocketable" camera but DSLR IQ in a smaller form factor. Same situation vs. Samsung NX100/200. I also don't understand getting rid of PASM on the dial. The common argument for this is it's for the consumer anyways, BUT won't that same consumer be confused with the interchangeable lens part of this line as well? If PASM confuses them, then the multitude of lenses and their different aperture characteristics and applications will also befuddle them!

In my case, this line just does not make sense when I can get a Samsung NX10/11, a Panasonic G2/G3. Eliminating my need for built-in EVF, Nikon 1 has even much more stiffer competition with the addition of Sony NEX and the Oly EPs.

I really can't find any appeal at all for this, even for the soccer mom who just wants better IQ in Auto mode.

kongqueror's gear list:kongqueror's gear list
Sony SLT-A58 Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM II +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WINNew
WIN!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow