Epic Win or Epic Fail - J1/V1

Started Sep 21, 2011 | Discussions thread
Cytokine
Contributing MemberPosts: 626
Like?
Re: Epic Win or Epic Fail - J1/V1
In reply to jerrycambuk, Sep 21, 2011

Having overcome my initial disappointment at the lack of manual controls and of any heritage elements in the design (like Fuji) In fact the bland looking front with the ugly flat bulge (why did they not put the Nikon name here?) Combine with the large tasteless 1, to produce something that is very Unlike any previous Nikon.

Reading the specifications though it appears that the camera could be quite decent, just like an automatic Mercedes that does everything well, and maybe the camera will do good colours easily. "My only concern is the crop factor and depth of field" but the target market are probably more interested in matching their hand bags and shoes! Not to mention a version with diamond inlays. This could be what the bulge is for!

The good news is that this camera, is so not aimed at enthusiasts, that they may have another version planned.

I personally find this new direction in Nikon Marketing slightly disturbing. but hey maybe a little Caerphilly lace is just what the D400 needs!

John

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WINNew
WIN!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow