Epic Win or Epic Fail - J1/V1

Started Sep 21, 2011 | Discussions thread
jalywol
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,222Gear list
Like?
Re: Epic Win or Epic Fail - J1/V1
In reply to tissunique, Sep 21, 2011

tissunique wrote:

So, it's ok for the wife and ok for your 2.5 year old which makes it an epic win...

and obviously for pocket money - not! Over here in the UK the V1 will be over £1000... Also the sample images I've seen hardly leave a warm feeling, they're awful.

I'm afraid this new Nikon release has confused the hell out of me, and I'm not sure who it's targeted at.

It's clearly targeted at P&S upgraders who think a DSLR is too big and has too many knobs on it, but who assume that an interchangeable lens system camera must be better, so they buy this one.

It's a glorified P&S. A VERY expensive, glorified P&S.

Of course, Nikon may also be backhandedly trying to shove those P&S upgraders into DSLRs with this....Although it may backfire on them some, since there is a lot of very good small interchangeable lens camera competition out there in a lower price range with better IQ....The smallest M4/3 cameras are very fast, equally tiny, (EPM1 and GF3), have better IQ, and are cheaper.....and there are more lenses available for them. The NEX systems are small (although they have bigger lenses) and have a terrific sensor and great name recognition also....

I think Nikon actually made a mistake with this system. Time will tell, though, I suppose...

-J

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WINNew
WIN!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow