Epic Win or Epic Fail - J1/V1

Started Sep 21, 2011 | Discussions thread
Daniel Oh
Regular MemberPosts: 442Gear list
Like?
Re: Epic Win or Epic Fail - J1/V1
In reply to jerrycambuk, Sep 21, 2011

So who would buy this camera besides those who have money to spare and needs to have all new tech or Nikon products?

P&S users: Too expensive and too bulky still.

P&S users who wants to learn more about photography: Where are the command dials? It is still more expensive than D3100, or one of the old M4/3 in the market.

DSLR who wants a really portable 2nd/third camera to carry everywhere: Lenses are still too bulky (Panasonic X are slimmer), where are the control buttons?

Nikon DSLR user who wants share some accessories/lenses: new flash!!!, adaptor make lenses bulky, the only reasonable lenses to use would be 35 f1.8 as portrait and 50-200 DX VR as smallish telezoom

etc

I am very excited about the new tecnology (like AF), but without good controls, new flash and the sizes of lenses... But I will pass. FAIL.

I gave Nikon a chance and have waited. now I am convinced: I will buy Olympus EP-3 or Panasonic GF-2 with Panasonic X lenses and a Nikon adaptor and use manual focus.
--
Daniel Oh

ps. I truly believe photography as a hobby is defined by the pleasure you get from the activity. It does not matter what equipment or results. I am a hobbyist and a very awful photographer (snapshooter is a better name) but a very happy one.

Daniel Oh's gear list:Daniel Oh's gear list
Pentax Optio W60 Samsung EX2F Nikon D700 Nikon 1 J1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WINNew
WIN!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow