Epic Win or Epic Fail - J1/V1

Started Sep 21, 2011 | Discussions thread
SHood
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,136Gear list
Like?
Re: Epic Fail.
In reply to JackM, Sep 21, 2011

The GF3 with 14mm has the same depth as the J1 pancake and the 14mm is 1/3 stop faster with a larger sensor.

JackM wrote:

If it won't fit in my pocket, I want at least m4/3, preferably APS-C, or FF.

What? The J1 with 27mm f/2.8 pancake will fit in my pocket? Big deal, a Ricoh GRD-IV will fit better.

Anything I buy to take with me when I don't want to bring my DSLR must fit in my pocket. Therefore I am looking at XZ-1, LX-5, and S100. Nikon, put that 1" sensor in a camera like that with a nice built-in 28-90mm f/2 - f/2.8 lens and I am IN.

So it clearly fails as a backup to a DSLR. Furthermore I have to believe anyone looking at this as their only system or as their large system will quickly conclude an m4/3 or NEX system will be the way to go. Unless they don't do any research, or are simply Nikon fans.

If these claims of "worlds fastest AF" turn out to be true, that will be the only thing to save it. If it can shoot active kids and sports, it may have merit. Still though, should have been m4/3. Duh.

SHood's gear list:SHood's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WINNew
WIN!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow