Epic Win or Epic Fail - J1/V1

Started Sep 21, 2011 | Discussions thread
JackM
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,823Gear list
Like?
Your type is probably the only market for this camera.
In reply to desmo101, Sep 21, 2011

That is, someone who wants to be able to put their existing Nikon lenses on a CSC.

But again, that's kinda dumb, because if you're going to carry your lenses, you may as well carry your DSLR.

You conveniently didn't mention Olympus or Panasonic. Anyone getting into a CSC will quickly pass over the 1 for an m4/3 if they do any reading at all.

The 1's only saving grace could be if these tall AF claims come true.

desmo101 wrote:

what amazes me is that nikon CLEARLY stated this camera wasn't for pro's, yet the only people whining in forums are pro's and advanced amateurs. No, it won't replace your D700.

also stop comparing this system with nex. Nex has no lenses available and quite frankly besides the announced zeiss, they all suck. I would never invest in a system where there is no glass... and most pro's would agree with me. Nikon has an interesting roadmap for this system and right away I can tell you it looks better than sony's.

There are some things to celebrate about the 1 IMO:

1) the new movie and AF advances will make their way onto the next pro-bodies... and it will be awesome !!!

2) you can by a 1 body and use your F lenses !!! sure it's a not a big sensor, but what about that 70-200 becoming a 189 - 540 !!!!! add a 2x III and... you do the math.

3) the size is great, especially the j1. sure you'll miss the viewfinder but it makes the price a lot better for this type of camera.

The bottom line is if I were shopping for a proish compact today (lx5, g12), which I happen to be. I'd seriously consider this instead, especially the j1. Imagine you buy a compact camera that is compatible with your f lenses !!!

I'm not sure it's a epic win, but it's a very cool product imo

-- hide signature --

Lead, follow or get lost

http://www.flickr.com/photos/leeian/

JackM's gear list:JackM's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WINNew
WIN!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow