Epic Win or Epic Fail - J1/V1

Started Sep 21, 2011 | Discussions thread
G Davidson
Regular MemberPosts: 162Gear list
Like?
Re: Epic Win or Epic Fail - J1/V1
In reply to futurewah, Sep 21, 2011

futurewah wrote:

regarding your comment about the NEX-7... I agree... it has been on my radar for some time too... I lost interest in the Nikon mirrorless system when I first heard about the crop factor... I think Sony made the right choice with APS-C... it's the small SLR replacement I want

As an aside, I see the 1 system as a testbed for new technologies... I think we will see a DX and FX mirrorless from Nikon at some point... it's the future... and they seem to be off to a flying start with their off-sensor AF and metering systems......

-- hide signature --

I see this as a potential success for Nikon, if their new AF technologies make the cameras easier to use. Like a lot of people here, there is no way I'd pay that much for such a small sensor and dark lenses, but it does give some clues as to what may appear in bigger cameras. It looks to be an interesting, hopefully very usable camera, which fills in the gaps in Nikon's line quite neatly. If it does catch on, it will be interesting to see how it's used, though we'll have to wait for reviews to see if the AF and IQ is as good as they say, or it's all just marketing fluff.
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pefectfutures/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WINNew
WIN!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow