Veteran MemberPosts: 5,553Gear list
Like?
Nikon vs mFT vs APS
Sep 21, 2011

Just checking the list of antis for the Nikon mirrrorless
Vs mFT

1. Its sensor is too small
2. It has poorer DOF control
3 The day it was announced it had a small lens choice.
4. It costs as much as an EP-3 with kit lens {and no EVF}
5. Who would buy a small sensor camera when better options can be found?
{I.e. G3 +kit lens cheapest model with built in evf}

mFT vs APS-C

1. Its sensor is too small
2. It has poorer DOF control
3 The day it was announced it had a small lens choice

4. The G3 + Kit { cheapest new mFT with built in EVF } costs around the same as a D5100 with kit lens which has a bigger , better sensor with better DOF Control.
5 Who would buy a small sensor camera when better options can be found?

Before the fan boys start crying this post was pretty much tongue in cheek and the whines I see here look awfully much like the ones I heard about mFT when it came out. I am happy with mFT for my small camera system and the lens choices are maturing nicely. But this is Nikons first mirrrorless for me it will be interesting to see how it performs when RAW support arrives, how quickly the lens system evolves {small primes please} and what the prices will be when the dust settles.

I am happy to see one of the big two enter the mirrrorless market and it will be interesting to see how things develop. The more competition there is in a sector the better for us the customer, the only way to get manufactures to develop better sensors, lenses etc. is competition. For me I would have liked the Nikon to be smaller, have a pancake prime on launch and as a Scotsman I would naturally have liked the price to be less.
Jim

jim stirling's gear list:jim stirling's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Nikon D800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 +13 more
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow