Getting fungus via eBay

Started Sep 20, 2011 | Discussions thread
battybob
Forum MemberPosts: 67
Like?
Re: Getting fungus via eBay
In reply to Historicity, Sep 20, 2011

Welcome to the world of Ebay. I believe that it is fair to say that every transaction with a seller is a bit of a gamble. The good news is that your purchase is safe guarded to some extent if you use Paypal. If the item is not 'as described' then you are entitled to a refund. Sometimes they may not refund the postage, sometimes they will. I have been bitten by a Photoshop CS4 copy for a bargain price which was a Chinese ripped copy all nicely packaged up to look like the original. This was blatest fraud and comes under a completely different umbrella. I also bought a few Sandisk SD cards, which once again looked genuine...until you tried to register them, or checked the download speed of these. Once again, blatest fraud and will never use Ebay again for compact flash purchases.

Camera lenses being sold by an individual are a little harder to gauge. As you correctly state, was the seller aware or is it a genuine oversight ? It is something each case has to be examined in turn. Fungus in the OM lenses is not an uncommon issue and the seller must have given the item at the very least a cursory examination. The attitude of the seller when you made the issue know should give some indication of how savvy to the issue they were. I have bought almost all my dslr lenses off Ebay and have never had an issue. Perhaps I am lucky, or perhaps my vetting of the sellers prior to bidding or purchase made the sale less of a risk.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow