A77 & 24MP sensor questionl

Started Sep 20, 2011 | Discussions thread
Vtsdan
Junior MemberPosts: 34Gear list
Like?
Re: Everyone should read SteveGJ's above post!!!
In reply to tbcass, Sep 20, 2011

I think where pixel binning really comines into play with with video. Yes, you can get better results doing resizing and whatnot in post with stills. I wouldn't want to have a camera do any processing like that on a still photo, ever, as I'd want the most amount of control for post processing later on.

With video, however, it's all up to how the sensor handles it, as you can't adjust the size in post. This would be probably the best way to downsize the image to 1080p (plus the extra image area used for electronic stabilization). It would significantly reduce, if not completely remove, miore and aliasing problems, plus improve dynamic range and low light performance. For video, I would love it. I am specifically interested in the A77 for it's video features and performance, on top of being a great stills option... while binning isn't a requirement of mine, I think it could only help make the A77 all the more top notch. Maybe that's something the next wave of cameras will include, though... remember they always have to keep the very best features for their most expensive products

Vtsdan's gear list:Vtsdan's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 55-300mm F4.5-5.6 SAM Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Sony DT 50mm F1.8 SAM Samyang 8mm F3.5 Aspherical IF MC Fisheye
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow