Started Sep 20, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
FlossTycoon
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,880
Like?
S1,2,3,5; Wednesday thread 2011.09.21
Sep 20, 2011

OK, this week I am about a day early. I will be pretty busy tomorrow and really busy in Wednesday so this is a good time for me to get the thread started. How can a retired guy be busy you ask? My former railroad employer is involved in making a promotional video for the corporate parent. They wanted someone familiar with the territory and operations as well as photography to accompany the videographers for a couple of days and I was selected. I will not be able to ride in the helicopter on Wednesday but it should be a fun couple of days and a chance to see these pros at work.

Here are my images for this week. Continuing with the hot water theme of last week I have included one of the more famous locations in Yellowstone National Park. Mammoth Hot Springs was taken with the S5 and Nikkor 16mm-85mm VR glass at 16mm, iso 200, 1/90 f13 and a polarizer. That is the Devil's Thumb on the left frame of the image. This is the first time I have been to Mammoth when there have not been any elk wandering the streets of the town. I wonder if the wolves have brought that about.

The next image is of a small, unnamed geyser alongside a stream. It is maybe 8-10 feet tall and is happily bubbling constantly. It has some of the more colorful coloration in the park. Again the S5 and Nikkor 16mm-85mm VR at 42mm iso 200, 1/350 f? and the polarizer.

Thanks to all for looking and participating in the new program. Perhaps next week I will find some western buildings to bring out for everyone to see.

-- hide signature --

Alan, in Montana

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow