Started Sep 20, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jamil Abbasy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,260
Like?
Adobe Cross Platform Switch Nightmare
Sep 20, 2011

NOTE: Sorry for the long post, but I just wanted to share my experience.

I just switched from PC to Mac and needed to upgrade / switch my Photoshop CS4 over to the Mac. I called on September 9th told them what I wanted and gave my credit card to pay for the upgrade (They require the latest versions to be purchased for a cross platform switch.) The ONLY way they will do it is by sending me a CD which will have the serial number on the jewel case. I even asked if he could read it to me over the phone. Anyway, it was supposed to be here in a few days.

10 days later...

I check online and my order still states "pending." Hmmm...I check again this morning and this order is no longer there...my Lightroom order from 4 years ago is the newest thing there.

I call Adobe and they are sorry and that "there is a problem with my order" but no one can tell me what the problem is; only that the "higher ups" need to deal with this one. The lady assures me that I will get an email in a few hours with the updated information.

No email. I call again and they have a 1 hour 40 min wait time. I use online chat and she tells me the same line "problem with my order...pending status." However, the online chat people can't do anything or fix anything, they can only talk about things.

I do the option to have them call me back. They call me back 1 hour later and the guy gives me the same lines, but does say I should have gotten it a while ago. I ask if I can cancel it and make a new order for the same thing and he says no. He still says his superiors need to fix this unknown issue. He assures me that I should have resolution in 24-48 hours, but that he will call me tomorrow with an update.

So, 20 days later, my order is still pending. It took less time to custom order my Mac Mini from the Apple online store and have it shipped from China than it does for Adobe to ship me a CD from Atlanta, GA (initial guy told me it would ship from there in a few days)

This is actually getting a bit absurd and so absurd it's funny...the only part that really sucks is trying to fit the annoying calls to Adobe around my work day. Hopefully I don't have to call them yet again for the same issue.
--
http://www.jamilabbasy.com

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow