I was attacked the other morning! ( E5 images)

Started Sep 19, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
g0wex
Senior MemberPosts: 1,148Gear list
Like?
I was attacked the other morning! ( E5 images)
Sep 19, 2011

Well I finally managed to get out for a while the other morning, after dropping my son off at school I made my way up onto Higger Tor where I was immediately set upon by a mad grouse... normally these birds are very timid and fly off as you approach but this one had a serious attitude problem, he decided he didn't like me and came strutting over making a racket.. I took the opportunity to get the camera at ground level (the flippy twisty screen is superb for this) and take a few shots before he attacked knocking my glasses off (twice!) and leaving a lovely grouse footprint on the front of my grad

I was able to utilise the ‘live view’, built in level gauge and live histogram functions on the E5's LCD screen while holding the camera only a couple of inches from the ground to get the composition I wanted, something that would be a complete hit and miss affair with a film or even an older DSLR camera unless you were laid flat on the ground with your head on one side!

images taken with E5 12-60mm + Lee 0.6 ND grad

Thanks for looking

Steve

g0wex's gear list:g0wex's gear list
Olympus E-M1
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow