Started Sep 19, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RaajS
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,902
Like?
GXR A12 M-mount - Initial impressions & 5 images
Sep 19, 2011

Got my A12 M-mount module today. Initial impressions are all positive - it handles well, the Ricoh firmware for help with Focusing are excellent - both Focus Assist and Focus Enlarge. The ergonomics are good and it seems to feel well balanced with a couple of lenses that I tried out. Focusing manually is super easy. In fact, I find focusing with the GXR easier than focusing with rangefinders - I have never been able to achieve the level of critical focus with fast lenses that I seem to be able to achieve easily with the GXR. Exposure seems to handle the way I expect it to. Color rendition and sharpness are excellent.

I know I am probably being irrationally excited, but I think Ricoh have a winner on their hands. I suspect mine will get a lot of use...

Here are five images shot indoors this afternoon - it's raining heavily today and there was no opportunity to go out and shoot. These are just test images and are not "Art" by any means - just snapped off to test the module.

GXR A12 M-mount + Konica Hexanon 60mm f/1.2, all shot at iso 200, f/1.2:

Focus here was on the right eye-lashes:

Cheers!
-raaj
--
'Change is not Mandatory, you don't have to Survive...'

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
TomNew
TonyNew
JoelNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow