Sony..if you read this...you burned the first gen buyers.

Started Sep 15, 2011 | Discussions thread
Green6
New MemberPosts: 11Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony..if you read this...you burned the first gen buyers.
In reply to Stujomo, Sep 19, 2011

I agree with you they should have made it work for older models . In this case they will loose money, because there is no way to attach them. They are also expensive $400.00. That is the price I paid for the Nex 3. But I wanted a camera that was cheap,so I could use all my older lenses.without spending a fortune.

Everything was fine with the system except in very bright light it was hard to see the screen. So to fix the problem I got a cold shoe that fits the nex and use a Telesar Zoom Optical finder That zooms from 28 mm to 135mm . When using it on mf lenses in bright sunlight I use f 11 and the hyperfocal distance of the lens I am using, so for example on a 20mm lens (30mm on the Nex) everything from 3 feet to infinity would be in focus . So I don't have to bother focusing the lens. It works out great and the optical finder is as clear as a bell.

Just like the flash that comes off because you don't use it very often because of the good quality of high Iso pictures. The cold shoe and Telsar zoom comes off because you don't use it very often. This I feel is the best fix you can do under the circumstances.

Green6's gear list:Green6's gear list
Sony SLT-A58 A3000 NEX5R Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow