How many prints before you "Nail it" - or do you ever?

Started Sep 19, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GMack
Senior MemberPosts: 2,928
Like?
How many prints before you "Nail it" - or do you ever?
Sep 19, 2011

Even with color workflow and sundry color gadgets, sometimes my prints begin to need some adjustment someplace. Too often, the next day it's like "Ugh! It needs more work."

Maybe it's too dark, too light, too green, needs more or less contrast, some spot or artifact that needs to be removed or cloned out, too much or too little noise, overly sharpened, or some odd localized color cast someplace in the print that needs a touch-up 2% color paint correction in Photoshop. Often the initial output is a bit green/yellow and dark and dries down to something better in a couple of hours, but the next day I'm picking it apart someplace and re-printing it.

Anyone else just way too picky with their printing? Seems I'm never satisfied and even if I am, a week later after staring at it I'm not and back at it again. Worse if I open the same print file months later and think "What the hell was I thinking with that monstrosity?"

I need to redo a couple more this AM. Paper companies must love me.

Mack

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow