Started Sep 19, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BigBarney
Senior MemberPosts: 2,722
Like?
Caveat lector
Sep 19, 2011

I am normally a very positive thinking person, but when something clearly stupid gets published, there comes a time when it makes sense, for educational purposes, to highlight that stupidity.

Many of us here are familiar with the four thirds rumors website. It is often interesting to see what may or may not be coming along in development, and IMO that website is often good for that. However, there seems to be little in the way of checking before rumours/rumors are published as with this latest rumour/rumor of the development of a 45mm pancake in Panasonic's X series of lenses. I quote:

"A second source said that the lens will be a X lens with powerzoom, have macro capability like the current Panasonic 45mm f/2.8." (my emphasis)

A fixed focal length lens with a powerzoom will truly be something remarkable!

I post this message as a warning that all rumours/rumors that are published without further checking or even a basic attempt at proof-reading should be read very closely before being believed.

The take home message for me is that this website is still well worth reading, but it does need reading with an eye to detail.

P.S. and a little off topic. I recognise/recognize also that the writer on this website does not have English as his/her mother tongue, so I will never criticise/criticize them for grammatical errors, only photographic ones. As my profile shows, I am a British citizen living in the UK. What the profile does not show is that I have lived and worked for some time in the US, so have some passing familiarity with their approach to spelling, which is different to what Microsoft patronisingly/patronizingly defines as 'British English'. I try to illustrate these different spellings by putting them both with a slash symbol between them in many postings.

P.P.S. I will not make any further comments in this thread.

Caveat lector. (This translates from Latin into English as 'let the reader beware'.)

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow