ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Greyser
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,734Gear list
Like?
Pentax DSLR firmware further updates
Sep 17, 2011

Hello Pentaxians,

The final Ricoh-Pentax merge is getting closer and closer. Recent Ricoh GRD III firmware update gives a hope that Ricoh listens to the customers and has a will to keep even older products (Aug. 2009) up to date. I consider this as a very customer friendly behavior.

Every one of us here has some dream to fix something missing or not properly implemented in current versions of our cameras. I’d like to propose the following:

Why don’t we collect these wishes in one list, filtrate them, if needed, and then send it to Pentax/Ricoh as a voice of customers and members of DPR Pentax SLR Talk Forum through official marketing/public relation’s channels. As I new we did something similar when Pentax was under Hoya ruling, and it was not successful. Let’s try again.
There is my problem to start with:

For the K-5 I’d like to have a custom setting to overwrite camera auto focal length reading, when tele converter is used, to enable proper Shake reduction function. If the camera chip has enough computing power, it may be implemented through the entering of multiplying TC factor (e.g. x1.4, x1.7, etc.). Or, even simpler, giving you the same focal length selection choice as we use for entering manual lenses focal length.

There is one more thing. I may not be able to administrate this thread. I’m not an English native speaker and I am very far away from Marketing/PR/Corporate affairs business. Please someone who is more familiar to it feel free to pick up compiling the list of improvements and proper delivering it through the most appropriate official channels.
Thank you,
SG

Greyser's gear list:Greyser's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-3
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow