ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Pangloss
Senior MemberPosts: 2,298Gear list
Like?
No APS-C zoom GXR camera unit this year - Part II
Sep 17, 2011

slappo wrote:

Yesterday I talked to a Ricoh dealer in Stockholm. He said that the first batch of the M-mount for Europe only is 50 units.

He also hinted that the APS zoom lens will not be available until May 2012
But, I hope he is mistaken about that.

He is probably correct on both assertions:

• M-mount small first batch for Europe is just to satisfy pre-release demand. I guess an equally small batch was sent to US for exactly same purpose. Same thing will happen in a few other places around the world (Hong Kong, Singapore, Taipei, etc). The rest is going to Ricoh's domestic market i.e. Japan. Ricoh is in a hurry to cash in on these early buyers before Sony starts shipping the NEX-7 in mid-November.

• My feeling is that the fate of the GXR APS-C zoom lens module is still being decided upon by Ricoh management, as is the future of the GXR system. Also I doubt they have so much as a prototype of the APS-C zoom right now. Frankly, if all they can come up with by May 2012 is a standard 28-85mm equiv. zoom lens, f/4.5 to f/5.6, with an old 12MP sensor for around $700, I am NOT going to buy it . For the same money I can get a NEX-5N with kit zoom lens.

-- hide signature --

Andrew
Panasonic LX3, Ricoh GXR w/ A12 28&50mm user

Pangloss's gear list:Pangloss's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Nikon D200 Ricoh GXR A12 50mm F2.5 Macro Ricoh GXR GR Lens A12 28mm F2.5 Nikon 1 V1 +4 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow