Started Sep 17, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
novak977
Senior MemberPosts: 1,375Gear list
Like?
Just testing clicking sound - an issue for crack peepers
Sep 17, 2011

Ok, I did few dozen videos and didn't notice a clicking sound until I read about it on engadget (via dpreview).
So went to my studio-like quite bathroom to test it.
Recorded few minutes and here are the findings.

If you rapidly move your camera left and right, and there is no ambient noise - yes you hear it.
But you really have to move camera quite fast and rapidly change the direction.

So here is my conclusion:

If I had NEX-5n for my previous 30 years of photography and 20 years of video recording, I would never notice the clicking sound, that's how crazy you have to move the camera. It makes even more sound if you bang your camera really hard against your kitchen counter, and you typically don't do that.

So the whole problem is ridiculous - I do hope Sony fix it because of those "cracking peepers" - it will never affect any user in real life situation unless you are tracking a fly on crack(ing) flying 3 inches in front of your nose and rapidly changing direction!

-- hide signature --

http://www.supernovak.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rogic

FED-S (my father's) > Canon AE1 (my brother's) > Minolta Maxxum 3xi (my first precious) > Minolta Dynax 400si (hello Canada) > Minolta Dimage 7i (darling) > Konica Minolta 5D (first DSLR) > Sony Alpha A100 (killer baby) > Sony Alpha A700 (serious tool) > Canon 5DMkII (weird computer with average lenses) > Back to A700 (reassured about the greatness) + A900 (depth of colours and pixels)

novak977's gear list:novak977's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha NEX-3N
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow