ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nikonfreak
Regular MemberPosts: 210
Like?
Nikon d3100 shocking
Sep 17, 2011

Hi guys,

I dont know if i am the only one here. i just sold my d40 and then bought d3100 for upgrade as i thought it would be a good idea.

and then today i just played with my new camera and i was shocked. the d3100 picture is crap straight out of the camera compared with my d40. my d40 has that kind of look that makes the pics look really real.

and i thought i will get improved iso performance, but wowww, yes, d3100 can generate iso 12800, but at iso 400, if i zoom in or slightly pixel peep, i can see that the image is less detailed and noise starts to appear here and there, the pic is just SOFT, not as sharp as my d40.

i dont know what happen here but now, i feel so sad and regret selling my d40. i wish i didnt sell it and buy this.

i think it has something to do with the CMOS sensor and for some reasons, i think i like ccd sensor now.

anybody found the same thing?

or am i making any mistakes here?? i really wanna believe that d3100 is like d40, but boy, its not.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow