Thinking about buying a 60D, could use some good advise.

Started Sep 16, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jeffnm
New MemberPosts: 18
Like?
Thinking about buying a 60D, could use some good advise.
Sep 16, 2011

I am needing a good camera for my daughters gymnastics. At her meets sometimes you can get up close and sometimes you are a good distance away, and you cannot use flash. My budget is around 1500.00. That is all I have to work with right now. I do not know alot about DSLR's, so this will be all new to me. After reading several reviews on this site, looks like I am going to need something thats good in low light. I had actually never thought about a canon, I was asking people on the Nikon forum and I got some good feedback from them. Then yesterday I went and tried out a few Nikons and Canons. And I was shocked how much I liked the Canon 60D. Felt good in my hands, seemed very fast to focus and take pics. So this is what brings me here today. Could the 60D and a farily good telephoto lens do what I need it to do. I know how important the lens is but I dont have the money for a high end lens. I looked on Canon's website and they had the 60d refurbished for 799.00 so that leaves about 700 for a lens. So that seems like the best bang for the buck for me. Right now me and my wife are using a panasonic DMC-FZ35 and we were not happy with the pictures we got at the meets we have been to so far. Panasonic people don't get upset I actually like the camera, its just not good for what I need it for now. So I figure what ever I do will be better than what I am using now. Thanks for your time.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow