Started Sep 16, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JCLittle
Forum MemberPosts: 59Gear list
Like?
Tokyo & Hong Kong...what to bring?
Sep 16, 2011

I’m always seeing posts about which lenses to bring along to a specific place. I’ve always read them with great intrigue because I’m a world traveler and generally stuff my backpack full to the brim. So the posts about only wanting to bring one or two lenses have brought a grin to my face many times!

Well I’m heading to Tokyo and Hong Kong next month for business and like always was planning on bringing “everything” but now thinking about cutting back to just 2 or 3 lenses. “Everything” consists of a D700, 14-24mm f2.8, 35mm f1.4G, 24-70mm f2.8, 85mm 1.4D, 70-200mm VRII F2.8, all Nikon glass and a lightweight Manfrotto carbon tripod.

I shoot landscapes, street scenes, people, cityscapes etc. So what would you be taking? Would I be crazy to bring only the 35 and 70-200 and force myself to get by/get better?

JCLittle's gear list:JCLittle's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D +4 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow