ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
vincentnyc
Senior MemberPosts: 2,452
Like?
S95 to S100: who is upgrading?
Sep 16, 2011

Dear All:

I did upgrade a while back from the S90 to my current S95, even though the differences were very few indeed. However, I was interested in the wheel dial with slightly more friction, reducing accidental inadvertent adjustments, etc.

Now, with so many innovations and brand new lens and sensor and even the DIGIC 5 processor, I'm yet tempted again by upgrading to the S100 from my S95.

I'm also hoping that their sizes are sufficiently similar so I may keep the various cases I purchased for my S90/S95 (i could use the same cases for both).

May I ask the good folks here what your thoughts are vis-a-vis upgrading from S95 to S100?

Btw, for context, I typically like to have one big and one little camera. My current big camera is my D700, and my little camera is the S95. I may add the Fuji x10 or a Sony NEX 5N/7 soon so I'll end up having three cameras around: big, medium, small. Haven't decided yet about whether or not I'd be buying the x10 Fuji (not yet out, no reviews yet, and not enough sample pictures provided yet, plus, focusing speed uncertain to be fast or slow like their x100). I enjoy street photography and pet photography, so focusing speed is very important to me.

Thanks in advance!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow