Started Sep 16, 2011 | For sale thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
brkl
Regular MemberPosts: 106
Like?
Serviced Braun Gloria f2.9/75mm 6x6 Medium Format Folder Rangefinder
Sep 16, 2011

I'm selling a Braun Gloria similar to the camera in the following link: Certo6 - Vintage Folding Cameras: Braun Gloria

It was originally serviced and bought from Jurgen Kreckel, who keeps that website. It's different from the usual folding cameras in that it has a tube instead of bellows. This means that you don't have to worry about light leaks. It's in excellent condition, but might have some minor cosmetic scratches. The lens is in excellent condition. It's a f2.9 (odd, I know, but no practical difference), 75mm Praxanar. The camera has been serviced, so it is fully operational. I've only shot a few rolls with it, because I tired of all the work that comes with analog photography. Comes with a leather case which would need work to fix the stitching.

I can't vouch for the accuracy of the uncoupled rangefinder. It's probably fine, but AFAIK they get out of calibration quite easily in the mail. If that happens, it's not cause for a return.

I'm hoping to sell this in the EU to avoid further customs charges for the buyer, since I already paid hefty customs to get this from the US to Finland. It would seem silly to send it back Feel free to ask me questions, though the camera has been boxed for a while, so I'd rather not open the box.

This is a great chance to get a folding camera not for the shelf, but for use. You can get one for $50 on Ebay, but it's not going to be a reliable camera until someone takes it apart and services it. I know -- I wasted a lot of money on those cheap cameras before I decided to buy this one. They look alright as decoration, but they don't make good cameras. This is a lovely, serviced, reliable camera with a very bright lens for that unique medium format look.

PRICE: 215€, Economy postage to Europe included, Priority costs extra depending on destination.

FOR SALE STATUS:
Thread open
View using Google Maps: Oulu, Finland

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow