New baby, new camera, which one for semi-newbie?

Started Sep 15, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
pittsleyb
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
New baby, new camera, which one for semi-newbie?
Sep 15, 2011

Hi, I would consider myself a newbie but very skilled in technology and take very good (in my opinion) photos no matter what camera I have picked up. I have used Sony DSLR with several lenses, as well as, a Canon SLR with several lenses. What I am looking for a is a smaller point-and-shoot with the capability for multiple lenses such as the new Sony NEX series. The features I am really looking for is portability, and the ability to take great everyday shots (baby and vacation) with great depth of field and also the ability to do nature/scenic photos when I hunt. I am looking for an affordable, new camera with the latest technology but price is not a problem if there is something better than the most affordable options. Any suggestions are welcome and I am thrilled I finally joined the forums as I have been a fan of this website for years. I am really looking to take my photography to the next level with your help!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow