Started Sep 15, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tom Sharpless
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Two major defectsof NEX-5n
Sep 15, 2011

A great camera -- hand-held. But Sony has failed badly in two areas that I as a pro panoramic photographer consider extremely important.

1) the remote shutter release is useless for exactly the things you need a remote shutter release for. Because it is a 'camera drive mode', it is inoperative for shooting autoHDR and bracketed, which are also 'drive modes'. Aaaargh!

2) you can't easily shoot usable HDR image sets because the auto-bracket range is limited to a maximum of + - 0.7EV. I normally use at least + - 2 EV, equivalent to Sony's autoHDR at '4EV'. The autoHDR jpegs are remarkably good, but I still want and need to shoot raw HDR sets.

I can't imagine it being any trouble for Sony to extend the auto-bracket range options. I hope and pray they will get their act together and make the remote shutter release function do exactly what the shutter button does, like on a real camera. Until then, they might just as well save a few grams by removing the tripod socket from the NEX-5N.

Anybody know a good radio remote for NEX-5?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
HDRNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow