Started Sep 15, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tom Caldwell
Forum ProPosts: 18,589
Like?
No point in commenting on the "news" page
Sep 15, 2011

I think I said not so long ago that you need to understand what the GRD is all about. It was not meant to be elitist.

Seeing the comments on the news page regarding the GRDIV it is pretty obvious that there are quite a few that would like to turn it into a "regular camera". If their reaction is "normal" then surely I really am an "elitist" for I thought I understood that the GRD served a quite different purpose than the flash-pop internal-viewfinder ropey-zoom-lensed everyman's camera. If such advice were taken all attempt to make a refined camera would be dragged back into the swamp of mediocrity.

So there are plenty of other cameras out there that scrabble to fulfill that dream - no one needs to forced to buy a GDRIV or any previous one and for sure my GRD still works fine many years down the track and my GRDIII is no problem.

So dpreview give some kind words to the GRDIV and the howling mob seem to want to trash it?

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow