Got my Q today!

Started Sep 8, 2011 | Discussions thread
arnelie
Regular MemberPosts: 315Gear list
Like?
Re: Got my Q today!
In reply to Devorama, Sep 14, 2011

Thanks! Great about stereo sound, strange that the user manual (and the specs lists available) does not reflect this correctly, it can be a sales issue. From what I have uderstood, the movie mode can have much more "visual" manual settings than compared to K-5/7.

Orientation sensor: I think this is bad that they did not get it into the tiny body, even cellular phones has it today.

Speed: would you say it is closer to dSLR, or P&S? Or does it sits right in the middle?

From what I see, the user interface is very similar to K-5/K-7, which I think is brilliant. Before the Q went public, I wondered myself that if they made a high-end P&S with K-5/7 user interface and solid built, and SR, they should have a winner. But I was thinking of 1/1.6" sensor and fast and fixed zoom lens (aka Pana LX5), not a smaller sensor and tiny but still bulky lenses. But hey, I seem to like their concept better and better, even from distance...

arnelie's gear list:arnelie's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow