ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ILM
ILM
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
Nex5 vs Rebel T3i (vs impending 5N)
Sep 14, 2011

Hi, first post in the Nex forum, as I was told my post below in the Micro 4 3rds forum was wrong.

New here, looking forward to learning and contributing as I can.

am in the market for a "pocketable" DSLR quality camera, and obviously the Nex5N has come to my attention through a lot of market research.

With two lenses, the camera is available for circa $800. However, I also came across a deal which lists the "Canon EOS Rebel T3i 18MP DSLR Camera w/ EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS + EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS + EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III + PIXMA Pro 9000 Mark II Printer " - for $843

Thats a lot of glass and body for roughly the same price. I went to the local box store, and took my trusty SD card along. I took about 100 photos - with both cameras and was amazed at the difference in size, ergonomics, focusing speed and finally IQ.

I have to admit that the Rebel beat the 5 with regards to color. Not only that, but its cleaner, less noise and generally more pleasing to my eye (in every way). I also much preferred the information I could see through the viewfinder, and the great flip out screen.

I'm sitting with a quandary because I cant compare the Nex 5N with the Rebel 3Ti. I am posting a very simple photograph which shows superior color with the Canon.
Anyone have a clue as to how the 5N performs compared to the Rebel?

Lastly, it does seem to me that the Canon is the better deal. Anyone care to confirm? (despite my need to love the 5N as its been on my heart and mind for a while and gathers great reviews...)

I shoot primarily peoples face and scenic shots.

Tx a million...

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow