Started Sep 13, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tenhauser
Regular MemberPosts: 123
Like?
RPP is now my №1 choice from raw converter (pictures) X100
Sep 13, 2011

Last month i've been shooting RAW then converting it to Astia with slight variations (mainly shadow setting) depending on the scene...

Until i've found this raw converter.

Enter the RPP (Raw Photo Processor). Developed by photographer for photographers this converter utilizes many high advanced techniques and algorithms (with floating point calc wich give much better precision). At first, the controls may be not that intuitive than in LR, Aperture but result is much better and much more accurate.

Although main usage of RPP is to prepare raw for further edit in PS i've managed to limit my workflow ONLY to RPP (i tend to maximize the result while minimize time to achieve the result)

but the best reason i've startd using RPP is its amazing color rendition capabilities: not only does it render really amazing film-like colors (with various built-in presets) but its sharpening and local contrast algorithms really give the image that pop and rendition that is knows of film

Here are some examples:

f/2.8, kodachrome 64

f/2, Kodak Ektar 25 (raw file taken from here http://podakuni.livejournal.com/642941.html )

All in all - i am really impressed with clarity of the files - MUCH better than sharpened Astia jpeg.

Your opinion may vary, of course.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow