Started Sep 12, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lprimack
Forum MemberPosts: 52
Like?
Need Advice!
Sep 12, 2011

I need to upgrade from my elph to a more professional camera.

Please recommend based on my needs:

• need to achieve narrow depth of field

• low light performance

• quick response time

• need to purchase used, so can't be just released

• portability a plus, though I know I may need to let go of that to get the other features

In case it helps to know my situation, I am a mother of two young kids and want to take pictures of them. My son hates cameras, so I have to be sly with him. It helps if I can hold the camera at my waist and keep eye contact with him, or take out my camera and grab a shot before he notices. Our house has fairly low light, so that is why I need some low light performance. I have discerning taste when it comes to photography, and take relatively good pictures. I notice the details and would like to be able to do more natural light photographs without flash, even indoors. I took some film photography classes in college years ago, and think I could pick some of that back up, but would like to be able to get decent auto performance.

Thanks!!!

p.s. If there is a non-canon camera I should really be considering, please go ahead and recommend. I'd prefer canon but would be willing to branch out.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow