A more complete Studio Shot Comparison tool?

Started Sep 12, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
longtalker
Forum MemberPosts: 79
Like?
A more complete Studio Shot Comparison tool?
Sep 12, 2011

Hi everyone,

I wanted to compare 100% crops between the new Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 and the Canon SX30 IS, however the latter does not appear in the list of cameras in the Studio Shot Comparison tool. Also not in the list are a wealth of other current cameras, some of which I would quite like to compare the FZ150 against.

It would also be good if more than one shots were available for comparison between all the different cameras. Although DPreview's studio shot is quite a complex scene, it would be really useful to also have, for instance, a low-light, a macro and a long-distance scene for comparison.

Does anyone know whether there is a similar comparison tool or other websites that has more cameras and/or more studio shots?

With such features lacking from the Studio Shot Comparison tool, I have been doing these comparisons manually, which is very difficult, since you have to obtain samples shot in the same conditions, same angle etc for each camera, and even then the comparison is not quite so intuitive as with DPR's tool.

Many thanks for any replies!
Catalin

EDIT: I now notice that this tool is a very recent addition on DPR, so I imagine that new shots and/or cameras are being added, and searching for a similar tool on other websites did not produce any results, so I guess it's back to the old manual comparison of crops!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow