Started Sep 11, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
odobo
Contributing MemberPosts: 536
Like?
Death of the DSLR (cont)
Sep 11, 2011

since last thread reached 150 post and cant reply more I just create a cont. thread...

I agree, reliability and repeatability is key. And I always agree PDAF is faster than CDAF now. The thing is, processors will get a speed bump every other year or so, it probably wont take too long until we have a fast enough processor to analyze the whole cmos sensor and pick the right focus continuously for CDAF. And if we are talking about 5N that has a touch screen to pick the focus point, the processor will only need to process information thats within that bracket.

on the other hand, you will always need to rely on how many sensor point you got on your phase detect sensor and hope that your fast moving object land on one of those cross or bar sensor. Sure lots of pictures have proved that it works out in the past but just claiming PDAF works for every situation and when there is a out of focus picture taken with DSLR then it must be a user error is just non sense.

the mechanical part that actually adjust the focus wont make a lot of difference either way.

...action shots sometimes indeed, even a disposable, holga-type one ,
the keywords are: "reliability" and "repeatability", though,
jpr2

davect01 wrote:

The doubters just say they got lucky. The NEX is not perfect for capturing action, but can > > do it if you understand the system. There are plenty of pictures that PROVE that the NEX > > can take action shots.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow