ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Iceman1973
Regular MemberPosts: 166
Like?
D7000 with Nikkor 55-200mmVR first shots CC Please
Sep 11, 2011

Hi All,

Now I'm probably going to get cursed for the shots you see, as I'm not use to shooting buildings, architecture.... so I don't know what to look for as composition.

As the D7k is my first mid/pro level DSLR, I'm taking my time understand how the settings work, how I can get the right exposure, where my mistakes are. As always I hate PP, but these pics were extremely overblown (see the white flower) to mu shock, so LR had to rescue.

Before taking these shots I'd been with a client who wanted me to photograph over 300 of the products he sells. I set everything up very basic, Kaiser dome 62x62 tent, 2 lights on either side...etc. so 300 + shots from 9-1pm. Shots were ok, but the main benefit of the exercise was learn more about the camera settings. (Especially how the auto iso with min shutter speed works - sort of understanding the concept now)

C&C please - guidance always appreciated. You can curse the composition, my ability to take pictures.... just fire across the comments, I want to be improve greatly on my outdoor and landscape photography.

Thank you for looking.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow