Size Comparison: NEX7 - GF1 - GH1

Started Sep 8, 2011 | Discussions thread
Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 15,477Gear list
Like?
Re: Doesn't Really Matter
In reply to Aaron80 - Andrea, Sep 10, 2011

Aaron80 - Andrea wrote:

No. I do not want a wanabe Leica body with the viewfinder stuck out one side. I want the viewfinder in the middle, the obvious and best place for it. They could reduce the hump for sure I wouldn't have any problems with that. If Panasonic make a rangefinder style camera, I hope to heck they do not drop the mini DSLR style of camera for that - that would be a huge mistake.

Are you serius telling "viewfinder in the middle, the obvious and best place for it"?

The only valid reason to put viewfinder in the middle, on the lens, is to put pentaprism making a reflex camera. In a non reflex camera the obvius and best place is where the nose isn't forced to be pressed versus camera body.

No, the best place is in the middle on quite different grounds: For best head support and to minimize the risk of rotational movement when you press the shutter. And no, on cameras like the G3 and GH2, the nose isn't pressed against the camera body more than it should thanks for the comfortable, protruding eyepiece.

Do you have a nose?!

I do, and it's pretty flexible.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow