Will the mirrorless market share continue to expand?

Started Sep 10, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
normsmith
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,372
Like?
Will the mirrorless market share continue to expand?
Sep 10, 2011

I am just wondering, with Nikon and Pentax coming to mirrorless and assuming that Canon will do the same at some point - if the new entrants have good sales, will the effect be that the mirrorless market will continue to expand at the cost of the DSLR market - or will the mirrorless market stay the same but current producers will lose market share to the new entrants?

I am guessing that since mirrorless is core to Panasonic and perhaps increasingly Olympus, that they will have a more effective and streamlined research and development program that the new entrants who also have to maintain advancements in their DSLR lines plus support two lens mounts.

The M4/3 system seems mature enough to be well positioned to hold or increase it's market presence, certainly in the near future. I am happy with my G3 and would like to improve my set-up with better glass. while new developments from other companies interest me and i don't mind threads relating to them on this board, I don't have the urge to want to jump ship etc, as M4/3 meets my needs.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow