If the Retro R1 rumor is true...

Started Sep 9, 2011 | Discussions thread
RMW487
Contributing MemberPosts: 907Gear list
Like?
Re: Speaking of different...
In reply to sensibill, Sep 10, 2011

sensibil wrote;

I won't use the abhorrent 'Q' as an example here but I'm optimistic about the upcoming 2/3 systems... If there could be more consumer priced (read: cheaper but not lacking sharpness) small lenses for such a system I think there could be a wide acceptance and considerable practical application.

NX and other APS-C cameras are limited by the physics of the bigger sensor, mount distance and weight/size of the lenses. The new Panasonic collapsing kit is a step in the right direction, but how cool would it be if the whole thing could be scaled down (lens wise) with a body in the $400 range and some lenses in the $99-150 segment, like the Nifty Fifties of the Canikon library? And light, small and 'quirky' to boot?

I'd be very interested, but the quality would need to be at least on par with mirrorless to work. I don't see the Q system doing that, at least not sensor-wise. 2/3", maybe.

-- hide signature --

REPLY---
Here is a picture to show what to expect with the very tiny Q system.
RMW487.

RMW487's gear list:RMW487's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V1 Nikon D40 Nikon D300
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow