Started Sep 9, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
wuzzittoya
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Touch pads for model/property releases?
Sep 9, 2011

Hi. After reading the "beginner's II" thread, I cringe to put this here, but I think this is the forum where the MOST would have had experience with and either tried or chosen not to try this approach.

I'm disabled and a long-time hobby/amateur photographer (from the days of film and darkroom). I have a DSLR and have decided to try to do some microstock photography in hopes of getting some income and/or maybe able to create enough of an income stream to not need social security while still being able to work around the limitations my chronic illness regularly causes me.

I also am a long time gadgets/electronics nut, and I'm curious if anyone has done electronic property/model releases in street photography, etc., rather than using paper ones? In some ways it seems a lot easier. You have limitless blank pages, they sign on the line (since it's touch) and you send back their printed copy of the release as well as the promised free photos that you took of them.

I just wasn't sure how well it would work and/or if it is considered "legal enough." It seems like I do a lot of signatures on touch pads these days, but wasn't sure if anything like that had had any kind of court ruling.

Thank you so much for any time you spend on this for me!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow