Started Sep 9, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mtp1770
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
fixed - problem with T1i (500d): main dial not working in playback mode
Sep 9, 2011

Just came across a strange problem with my two year old t1i. I played around with it until I found a fix and am posting in case it can help anyone else out.

The main dial was not always working, but only in a very particular circumstance - It was not working when viewing full sized images in playback mode.

The dial worked to change all of the controls on the camera when shooting (shutter speed, aperture, light balance, iso, etc), in the menu, and it worked in playback mode when zoomed in (no matter how far) or zoom out (4 or 9 photos at a time). But when viewing full sized photos it stopped working, for several days.

The dial did work when switching the viewing type from 1 to 10 photos at a time, and when testing the scrolling mode for other types as well, it kept working, straight through to when I got back to 1 photo. And it hasn't been a problem since. So it was just some glitch related to the viewing scrolling method.

I looked around and haven't seen a posting identifying this problem so wanted to get this out there in case others have experienced this problem. Will post a follow on to this if the problem reappears.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow