A dumb question about EXR mode....

Started Sep 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
Jon Schick
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,353Gear list
Like?
Re: A dumb question about EXR mode....
In reply to Kim Letkeman, Sep 8, 2011

Many thanks Kim

I'm interested to see reviews when they eventually come out for the X10 and if I go for it, would hope to shoot in Av mode under normal circumstances and set the custom settings on the mode dial for when I need to take advantage of EXR but still retain control of the aperture when the going gets tough (noise or DR issues).

It's clear from you and Daniel this works if I set the picture size to M - which is great as it would otherwise have been a deal-breaker for me - I'd hate to have that nice fast lens and then have the camera make all the decisions for me in EXR!

I'm not so bothered about Manual mode with this camera, given you can use Av and have a nice exposure compensation dial. I guess there may be occasions when I might want to shoot v long exposures, but few and far between as I'd venture into dSLR territory for those.

-- hide signature --
 Jon Schick's gear list:Jon Schick's gear list
Olympus E-1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 14-140mm F4-5.8 OIS Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow