Best method to scale up for large prints?

Started Sep 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bill Rees
Regular MemberPosts: 155Gear list
Like?
Best method to scale up for large prints?
Sep 7, 2011

I've only printed one image larger than 8x10 and that was years ago. At the time I used a trail version of Genuine Fractals and it worked great. I printed a 6mp image from my Nikon D70 at a local shop at 20x30". Since then I usually just do 8x10's from my Epson RX580.

I've decided to do a lot more printing so I got a new R2000 and want to do lots of 13x19" prints as well as some panoramas. My three main cameras that are 12 and 14mp so I'm assuming I will still need to size these up to get the best looking prints. I also use Lightroom and CS5 and I'm wondering if I still need GF which is now called Perfect Resize?

I've heard that CS5 vastly improved on this so will this suffice? How about Lightroom's print engine? Thoughts would be appreciated before I start doing too many test prints.

Bill Rees's gear list:Bill Rees's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 14-140mm F4-5.8 OIS +7 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow